[mapguide-users] Scripting the updating of a SHP Feature Source

Albin Tveitan Käppi albin.tveitankappi at skurup.se
Mon Oct 19 23:40:53 PDT 2020

Hi!

I dont know if this is an active forum, but I’ll try my luck here as I have combed the internet for examples of scripts for my problem.

I have a SHP Feature Source containing  multiple ”managed” SHP-files, that individually form the data source of many separate layers.

I need to update these SHP-files regularly, and would really a script that updates the SHP-files in the feature source using a local folder of SHP-files from my desktop. Ideally, the layers linked to the data source would then automatically be using the up-to-date SHP-files.

I have been staring at the ”FeatureSourceFindAndReplace” script found here (https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/CodeSamples/Other/MaestroScripts/FeatureSourceFindAndReplace#no1), but rather than replacing a featuresource, I would like to update the SHP-files of the current SHP Feature Source. Or is there a better way of going about this?

If there are any Mapguide scripting pro’s out there, I would appreciate a little pointer. Thanks a lot!

/Albin

________________________________

[cid:imagebe63eb.JPG at d4f47de1.4bbd8d06]
Albin Tveitan Käppi
GIS-ingenjör

274 80 Skurup

Telefon: 0411-53 63 84