[mapguide-users] MGOS 3.1.2 and MySQL 8.0 - unable to display spatial objects

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 21:56:22 PDT 2020

You need to try with a spatial filter specified like I suggested.

I'm not disputing the FDO provider's ability to read geometry data out of
MySQL (as your screenshots have proven), I'm disputing the FDO provider's
ability to properly translate a FDO spatial filter to a SQL WHERE clause in
MySQL due to the aforementioned long/lat <-> lat/long orientation change or
some other breaking change introduced with MySQL 8.0.

When you're looking at a map in MapGuide, it is always sending queries *with
spatial filters* even if you're looking at "everything".

- Jackie