[mapguide-users] MapGuide WFS uniqueID

mark volz mark at leap-cad.com
Wed Nov 17 13:10:36 PST 2021

Yes, you can.

When you create a connection, you can set "kingFDOClass". This field needs to point to a table with metadata information about the tables you want to use within MapGuide. Typically I call this table mg_control, but you can name it anything you want so long as it has all the required columns. In addition to controlling the FDO class name (the exposed object names you see), the control table allows you to use point data where you don't have a geometry field but have x and y columns.

The table needs to be in the same schema that you set in the OracleSchema field.

Attached is a SQL statement to create the table and a trigger and sequence to set the unique id field and comments on the key attributes.

Here is a sample insert statement:
Insert into MG_CONTROL
   ( FDO_ORA_OWNER, FDO_ORA_NAME, FDO_ORA_GEOMCOLUMN,  FDO_CLASS_NAME, FDO_SRID,
    FDO_IDENTITY)
Values
   ('someSchema', 'someTable', 'theGeometryColumn', 'exposed feature name', 3112,
    'primaryKeyOnTable');