[mapguide-users] mgos

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 01:20:21 PDT 2022

I have not looked into discourse, but if it replaces the mailing list
itself as the *definitive source of truth* for all MapGuide discussions and
is not just an alternative "frontend" to read/write posts to this mailing
list (like nabble before it) then it's a hard -1 from me on adopting
discourse.

Or to put it another way, even with Discourse in place, I'd like to still
be able to post to the mailing list with my regular email client (which I
have now gotten used to). I'd like to also browse archived and *up-do-date*
discussions through:

   - https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapguide-users
   - Or more web-friendly mirrors like:
   https://www.mail-archive.com/mapguide-users@lists.osgeo.org/

If discourse breaks all of that because it's the new central silo for
MapGuide discussions, then that's a hard no from me.

- Jackie

You wrote:

Ok, I'll reach out to Jorge Sanz from OSGEO to see what the process would

be to redirect or import the lists.osgeo.org to something like Discourse..

--
*Please Note: I no longer create new posts or post replies to any OSGeo