[mapguide-users] Java MapGuideApi crash calling native code

Roberto Lombardini rlombardini at eagleprojects.it
Mon May 23 10:31:36 PDT 2022

Hi All,
we interface MapGuide via java wrapper (MapGuideApi.jar) that uses JNI calls to execute the native functions.

Since we moved from
    MapGuide 2.5.2
    Java 7
    MapGuide 3.1.2
    Java 8
we are experiencing crashes of our application.
Looking into the generated dump we saw that the crashes are due to an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION raised during calls requested by the Finalizer thread on Mg* classes.
The Finalizer thread calls the finalize() function that calls the native function and that function does the access violation operation.
Does anybody experienced these kind of problems?
Also, we were not able to find the source of the native API into the source repository, is it available so that we can check what is going on?

Thanks in advance,
Roberto