[mapguide-users] Fwd: download kml and upload kml in fusion

Gordon Luckett gordon.luckett at arrowgeomatics.com
Mon May 30 11:39:01 PDT 2022

For KML, you might have to do a number of things:

1. Add KML to your IIS Mime Type (i.e. ."kml" / "application/vnd" )
2. Add the KML Type to OpenLayers (2.13.1)
https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/openlayers/*2.13.1*/lib/OpenLayers/Format/KML.js
because this format is not bundled with the MapGuide 3.1.2 or 4 versions

for example, I added this to my maroon index.templ

<script type="text/javascript"
src="%__LIB_BASE__%/%__FUSION_SCRIPT__%.js"></script>
%__SCRIPTS__%
*<script
src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/openlayers/2.13.1/lib/OpenLayers/Format/KML.js
<https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/openlayers/2.13.1/lib/OpenLayers/Format/KML.js>"></script>*

 then added the following code to the "initPanelHandler" function:

var layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("KML", {
            strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.Fixed()],
            protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.HTTP({
                url: "kml/lines.kml",
                format: new OpenLayers.Format.KML({
                    extractStyles: true,
                    extractAttributes: true,
                    maxDepth: 2
                })
            })
        });
Fusion.getMapById('Map').oMapOL.addLayer(layer);

and I had success adding KML to my Maroon Template...