Build system improvements?

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed Nov 1 15:41:41 EST 2006

Hi all,

Does anyone have plans to automate the MapGuide build process in a
similar way to what the FDO project has done?  And possibly investigate
whether the build can be done using the MS Express tools?

Currently, I can batch everything except for the part about opening up
VS and compiling the three MapGuide parts, and I have to set/unset the
environment variables required by MapGuide when I build FDO or I get
conflicts (I think FDO ends up looking for PROJ.4 libraries in the
MapGuide directory, which haven't been built yet).

I see this as an important step for both an automated nightly build
process, and to make life easier for external testers/developers.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience in this area, or $$$ to put
towards it, so there's not much point in putting in an RFC.  :S

Jason