[mapguide-dev] Planning to release MapGuide Open Source 1.1.0 next week on November 30th, 2006

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Nov 24 19:20:02 EST 2006

Tom Fukushima wrote:
> Hi Haris,
>
> It looks like we need to go with merge modules for this release as it's
> looking like we'll have them for OGR and GDAL.  Are you planning to
> create a merge module and source tar ball?

Folks,

Tom - I really have no clue what "merge modules" are.  Does everyone
understand this aspect?  Perhaps you could explain it a bit for me?

The GDAL based raster provider should be ready to include in a
MapGuide 1.1.0 release.  I would be happy to help out modifying the
build to include ECW and/or MrSID drivers, though I think we need
to consider fairly carefully before we do this.

If the MapGuide 1.1.0 binaries are offered as coming from OSGeo then
OSGeo is responsible for ensuring that all license requirements are
complied with.  I will do a preliminary review of the license terms
for these two SDKs.  I am sure they both would like us to be able to
distribute their software with MapGuide, but I have some concerns
about both licenses - especially with OSGeo "on the hook".

PS. If there is anyone in Autodesk legal or elsewhere also involved
in a license review, I'd be interested to hear from them.

Best regards,