[mapguide-psc] Bootstrapping the MapGuide PSC

Robert Bray rbray at robertbray.net
Tue Oct 17 01:45:40 EDT 2006

Paul,

I have addressed the last two comments. As for the first two that is a
little more interesting. The document is intentionally a little vague
about whether voting takes place on a mailing list or in a meeting. That
is because I have not really decided and wanted to leave it open for
discussion. MapServer primarily uses the dev list for voting. Other
projects GeoServer, GeoTools, etc use IRC meetings for voting where
having a quorum can actually be detected.

So which should approach should we use? The advantage of the e-mail
approach is that it is easier to get world representation onto the PSC
without anyone getting up in the middle of the night for a meeting. The
advantage of IRC is the interactive nature of the dialog.

Thoughts?

Bob