Editing MainFrame.templ

Kori Maleski km at pat.ca
Thu Apr 27 12:49:14 EDT 2006

Reposting this because it ended up on the wrong thread - and it is somewhat critical.

Hi all,

I need to call a javascript function from the OnSelectionChanged event in the mainframe.templ.

I had it configured in the RC 1.0 and it worked no problem.

I try to do the exact same thing in MGO 1.0 and I get constant DWF crashes along with all the buttons failing to appear on the tool bar (with a javascript error for each button).

Within the OnSelectionChanged I simply add a function call - ShowReport();

At the bottom of the the page I add the function -

ShowReport()
{
...harmless code here.
}

Can anyone identify why the error occurs in 1.0 and not RC 1.0?
Why does any edit to the mainframe.templ cause errors?

And I should note that I have to do a FULL uninstall/reinstall of the web extensions to fix the crashes/buttons.
- which of course means I lose the edit I want to make...

Cheers,

Kori Maleski  BSc.
Senior Technical Consultant

Pacific Alliance Technologies
Suite 400 - 534 17 Ave. SW Calgary, AB CANADA T2S 0B1
TEL 403.770.1917 FAX 877.691.9149 TOL 877.691.9171 www.pat.ca <http://www.pat.ca/>