[mapguide-users] Legend Background Color?

Alain Lebatard alain.lebatard at autodesk.com
Mon Dec 11 13:18:13 EST 2006

Hi Andy,

Schematically, the structure is the following:

 <MapFrame>

     <LegendCtrl>

        <LegendScript />

        <LegendUI />

     <LegendCtrl>

</MapFrame>

LegendCtrl lives in an IFRAME inside the map frame. It's built with
LegendCtrl.php

LegendScript is one of the 2 frames inside LegendCtrl. It's built with
Legend.php. This script returns a Javascript representation of the
legend tree data (no UI, just a structured set of objects representing
layers, styles, etc...). This frame is not visible.

LegendUI is the second frame inside LegendCtrl. It's built with
LegendUi.php. This page is the UI representation of the legend tree data
contained in LegendScript

When the legend needs refresh, a Legend.php request is initiated from
LegendCtrl and the LegendScript frame is refreshed with new data tree.
When LegendScript has finished loading, LegendUiFrame content is rebuilt
using this new data structure.

Hope this helps...

Alain

  _____