Some more observations...

Butler, Juan P jpbutler at co.pinellas.fl.us
Tue Jun 20 16:59:25 EDT 2006

I've finally put an application on our Internet web server and the
performance of Mapguide is very poor.  I picked the easiest application
to rework in Mapguide Enterprise, but still running into problems.   The
mgserver.exe process will crash at times (many times).  Are there any
tricks to increase performance and stop the server crashes?  I'm using
the MapAgent.exe.   The server is a dual 1.x Xeon with 2GB of RAM.   I'm
running Windows 2000 Server with IIS 5.1.      It's hard to evaluate the
product when it doesn't respond and the process crashes.   (I know, it's
Beta).

The site for my application is:
http://gis.co.pinellas.fl.us/mgos_hurricane

I'm going to try and turn off the layers that are connected to Access,
as I suspect they might be causing the problems (I hope).

Juan Butler - Senior Programmer/Analyst
GIS Applications
Pinellas County Information Systems
jpbutler at pinellascounty.org