getting map extents

simflex simflex at millenniumhealthproducts.com
Wed Jun 28 16:43:03 EDT 2006

hi list,

I have a couple of questions. Any help would be appreciated.

I have created my own map following instructions on the enclosed getting
Start pdf file.

1, Is there an easier way to set map extents?

Individually, the layers look great but I can't view them on the map. They
come out looking very tiny.

I am using the following:

 GA83-WF NAD83, Georgia State Planes, West Zone, US Foot with Datum of NAD
1983, Alaska, Canada.

The layers come of a shape. So far, I can't seem to get the extents right.

2, The other issue actually has to do with shape files. In our commercial
mapguide app, we use Feature_ID and Feature_Geom but with the studio, I can
only see FeatID. Could this explain why I can see Counties / County IDs show
on our comm district layer?

If there  is any sample that would assist me, please help.

thanks