[mapguide-users] getting map extents

simflex simflex at millenniumhealthproducts.com
Fri Jun 30 09:58:39 EDT 2006

Shailesh,

Thanks again for your time and assistance. Pretty much appreciated.

When we convert dbf files to shp, the following extentions are also created:

.shx, .ssi, .sbx and .sbn.

But according to the MG OS manual, only the shp is copied to data file via
the studio.

So, when you said the object was not created, can you please explain that to
me?

Ideally, it would be nice for me to connect directly to this source via some
method in mg os but I don't if there is a file out there that allows you to
put an entry such as:

filePath ='directory\folder\filename

Also, you indicated in your response that I could view the map on the
browser by clicking the preview.

Well, I am doing that already. What I was asking about is how to type a URL
on the address bar of a browser like:

http://sitename/mapname.aspx or something like that.  I am building this on
our internal server and my manager would like a link just to take a look at
what I am doing so far.