[mapguide-users] WMS transparency support?

Thomas M. Tuerke thomas.m.tuerke at autodesk.com
Fri Mar 24 17:58:09 EST 2006

Hi Tommy,

No, you're not doing anything wrong, and yes, it is implemented.

The current implementation expects TRUE to be in uppercase, and
according to the specifications, that's the way it's supposed to be.

6.4 Request Parameter Rules

6.4.1 Parameter Ordering and Case

Parameter names shall not be case sensitive, but parameter values shall
be case sensitive.

In this document, parameter names are typically shown in uppercase for
typographical

clarity, not as a requirement.

However, there are a lot of non-conforming clients out there, and since
the goal of WFS is interoperability, the case sensitivity of parameter
values seems a bit absurd here.

In short, I just fixed it ;-)

Until the new bits roll out, I would suggest using the capitalized
variant, transparent=TRUE; that is known to work.

- Thomas

Hi there,

 - Does the WMS implementation not support transparency?

I'm sending a WMS-request to MapGuide that looks like this:

http://localhost:8008/mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi?service=WMS&reques
t=GetMap&BBOX=-87.754670,43.692691,-87.728656,43.714721layers=Samples/Sh
eboygan/Layers/CityLimits&srs=EPSG:4326&width=500&height=500&Format=imag
e/gif&transparent=true

With focus on: >>Format=image/gif&transparent=true<<

But it doesn't get transparent.

Is it not implemented or what am I doing wrong?

/Tommy