[mapguide-users] MapAgent parameters

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed Mar 29 23:44:05 EST 2006

You can find a lot of the calls exposed in this document:

http://localhost/mapguide/mapagent/index.html

Viewing the source of each form will give you the parameters that are being sent to MapAgent.  In many cases you can also extract the query string from the resultant page.

The requests are analogous to the calls available in the PHP, .Net and Java APIs, and documentation on these is available here:
https://mapguide.osgeo.org/nonav/docs/webapi/index.html

It would be nice to see an authoritative list somewhere though.

It's cool to be able to just call something like this:
http://localhost/mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi?OPERATION=GETMAPIMAGE&VERSION=1.0.0&MAPNAME=Sheboygan&LOCALE=en&MAPDEFINITION=Library%3A%2F%2FSamples%2FSheboygan%2FMaps%2FSheboygan.MapDefinition&FORMAT=PNG&SETVIEWCENTERX=-87.73&SETVIEWCENTERY=43.74&SETVIEWSCALE=5000&SETDISPLAYDPI=300&SETDISPLAYWIDTH=3000&SETDISPLAYHEIGHT=2100

It would be nice if I could specify a userid on that line and have the agent authenticate using that user with a blank password.  I would be lazy enough to use this to enhance some existing cold fusion reports.

I guess OGC services give similar results with a well known interface, but I haven't taken the time to see what the supported OGC parameters are and what I can do with them yet.

Jason