[mapguide-users] Hardware requirements to support multiple users?

Chris White chris.white at keytraffic.com
Wed May 17 08:10:53 EDT 2006

I'm experiencing similar problems with cpu usage and general speed of
performing simple tasks such as panning around a map. The test server
I'm using is Pentium 4 HT 3ghz with 1gig of RAM running Windows Server
2003 and serving MapGuide (in the Windows IIS configuration) being the
only service running on it. I currently have about 300mb of data in SDF
format (imported from SHP) and the problem is seen even when zoomed in
on the map.

Are there any know performance issues or optimisations to the data that
I can perform to improve this?

Thanks

Chris