Custom Symbols

Campbell, Keith A keith.campbell at atkinsglobal.com
Wed Nov 15 05:52:25 EST 2006

I'm having some unexpected problems with custom symbols.

Firstly, I can add symbols into a symbol library, but some of them do
not display when added to a point layer. This happens with fonts also.
I've not identified what the difference is between the ones that display
and the ones that don't as yet - perhaps there is some limit on the size
of the symbol file?

Secondly, I can't add a custom symbol that has a transparent background.
Are fonts the only way to go with this (if you can get them to display)?
If so, does anybody know of a good application that will create true
type fonts?

Keith

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally binding.