[mapguide-users] RE: getting map image in svg format

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Tue Nov 21 11:49:28 EST 2006

Yes, but it requires an ActiveX control, and is neither cross-platform
or cross-browser.

I've experienced enough pain and nasty comments from our
Mac/Linux/Firefox users over the last four years of supporting the
MapGuide 6.5 ActiveX control to never ever want to implement a map that
requires a browser plugin again.

I am going to be using the DWF output option to generate ePlots for
print-to-scale functionality.  I think I may have to have a PDF output
widget built next year though, so that non-MS/IE users can have printing
to scale too.

Jason