[mapguide-users] DWF Viewer App

Walt Welton-Lair walt.welton-lair at autodesk.com
Wed Nov 22 07:17:45 EST 2006

The MapGuide DWF Viewer surround requires being connected, just like
AJAX.  You are viewing a dynamic EMap DWF - every time you change the
view you request an updated map from the server.  Changing the search to
call back to the server does not break anything.

For the disconnected case you create EPlot DWFs.  These contain static
data and do not require a server connection.  A disadvantage is that the
MapGuide surround doesn't work with these EPlots.

  _____