King.Oracle FDO provider new version

Haris Kurtagic haris at sl-king.com
Sun Oct 1 15:26:25 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have made available newer version of King.Oracle FDO provider ( v
0.2.1 )

It includes:

1.	support for curves (arc strings,polygons), multipoint, multi
line , multi polygon example
<http://www.sl-king.com/FdoOracle/MapGuideCurves.jpg>

2.	creates FDO classes from all geometry tables and views on which
user have right's
	layers created with v0.1 needs to be recreated because of class
name change
	FDO class name now is OracleSchema~TableName~ColumnName

	also it can slow down MapGuide if you have many geometry tables
( I have more than 100 tables ).
	If I am understanding correctly MapGuide OS code than most of
time is consumed serializing FDO classes (not in provider), and MG OS is
calling describe schema multiple times.
	I suppose we should wait for 3.2 version of FDO and then look if
we need to improve performance.

3.	implements Oracle Connection Pooling

4.	support for multiple connections to multiple Oracle instances
	could help to overcome Oracle XE 4GB limit per instance

    5. and includes lot of deeper learning and testing of MG OS and FDO
:)

You can download it from www.sl-king.com/fdooracle .

Haris Kurtagic