Password reset utility?

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Sat Oct 14 01:15:37 EDT 2006

This falls under the category "You know you have too many random MapGuide installations when..."

... you forget the Administrator password that you are sure you wrote down... somewhere... :)

Good thing this is one of my home instances.

It sure would have been handy if there was a utility which could only be run server-side to reset the administrator's password.  I was considering hacking it with my hex editor (I found the right location in the repository file and the code for encrypting the password has to be in the MapGuide source somewhere), but figured that an uninstall/reinstall was probably faster.

Jason