[mapguide-users] MapGuide 1.0.2 with Autodesk Raster FDO?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Oct 24 12:46:56 EDT 2006

Jason Birch wrote:
> Frank...
>
> Can you give an example of how to set up the GDAL provider from within
> Studio (once it's installed on the server)?

Jason,

The GDAL provider should work similarly to the Autodesk raster provider.
I manually inserted the following XML fragment for the datasource to access
a raster file already on the server.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<FeatureSource xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="FeatureSource-1.0.0.xsd">
   <Provider>OSGeo.Gdal.3.2</Provider>
   <Parameter><Name>DefaultRasterFileLocation</Name>
     <Value>C:/warmerda/mgtest/rasters</Value>
   </Parameter>
</FeatureSource>

The DefaultRasterFileLocation can also be a directory to access a
directory full of files.  There is also a way to use a config file.
but I haven't actually done that from MapGuide, just in standalone FDO
tests.   So I'm not exactly clear on how that works.

Best regards,