[mapguide-users] wms with transmission legend

Thomas M. Tuerke thomas.m.tuerke at autodesk.com
Thu Sep 28 14:07:41 EDT 2006

There's no built-in support for LegendURL yet, but remember that you can edit the templates on a site-by-site basis, so if there's one image you want to associate with your layers, it's fairly simple to put that extra metadata into your template.

Leveraging the sophistication of the template engine, you can actually develop some definitions that presented different URLs per-layer.  It's not a perfect answer -- ideally you do want this to be governed by metadata provided by Studio -- but if you must have it, it allows you to offer this capability even before it's formally introduced.

- Thomas