[MapProxy-dev] Trigger seeding in mapproxy via REST

André Henn henn at terrestris.de
Tue Apr 19 01:51:50 PDT 2022

Hi all,

seeding for tile generation can currently -afaik- only be started using
the mapproxy-seed - script and a corresponding seed.yaml.

But sometimes, it might be useful to trigger re-seed / cleanup for
certain areas or caches by an external application without calling the
reseed script directly.
For example, cache handling for frequently used layers that are updated
only in a certain area could be such a use case.

I think, a (small) WSGI application (like wsgiapp.py) providing a REST
endpoint (HTTP POST) could be a solution. This endpoint would handle a
json body containing (maybe a shortened) seeding configuration, for
example like this:

{
     "seedConfig": {
         "cleanups": {
             "cleanupPolygon": {
                 "caches": [
                     "layer_cache"
                 ],
                 "coverages": [
                     "changes_entity_area1"
                 ]
             }
         },
         "coverages": {
             "changes_entity_area1": {
                 "bbox": [
                     638207.82,
                     5683208.6,
                     638666.91,
                     5683227.69
                 ],
                 "srs": "EPSG:25832"
             }
         }
     },
     "config": {
         "dry_run": false,
         "concurrency": 2
     }
}

Do you think, such a REST endpoint might be included in mapproxy core,
or would this be some kind of "plugin" / custom build?

If you are interested, I could provide a corresponding PR draft for this.

Kind regards,
André

--
Dipl.-Ing. André Henn
- Anwendungsentwickler -

terrestris GmbH & Co. KG
Kölnstraße 99
53111 Bonn

Tel: +49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -557
Fax: +49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -57

Email: henn at terrestris.de
Web: https://www.terrestris.de

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6835
Komplementärin: terrestris Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH vertreten durch:
Torsten Brassat, Marc Jansen

Informationen über Ihre gespeicherten Daten finden Sie auf
unserer Homepage unter folgendem Link:
https://www.terrestris.de/datenschutzerklaerung/