[MapProxy] Vector Superoverlay

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Thu Jul 22 13:52:58 EDT 2010

Hi Adam,

On 22.07.2010, at 18:03, Adam Estrada wrote:
> I see that MapProxy now supports the ability to seed from an OGR data
> source (http://mapproxy.org/docs/latest/seed.html). Does this mean
> that it will create a vector superoverlay that can be used in Google
> Earth? It would be great to know that this is an option because I have
> had no luck at all trying the same thing in Geoserver. Your feedback
> on this would be great!

That's not a new source for MapProxy but a source to define geographical extends for seeding tasks. The new mapproxy-seed tool can seed polygon areas instead of a simple BBOX and you can use OGR to load these polygons.

views:
    germany:
        ogr_datasource: 'shps/world_boundaries_m.shp'
        ogr_where: 'CNTRY_NAME = "Germany"'
        ogr_srs: 'EPSG:900913'
        level: [0, 14]
        srs: ['EPSG:900913', 'EPSG:4326']

From  http://bitbucket.org/olt/mapproxy/src/0.8.x/mapproxy/core/paster_templates/templates/etc/seed.yaml#cl-3

Is the documentation unclear/misleading about that? I'd love to hear feedback, or better, corrections from native speakers.

Oliver Tonnhofer <olt at omniscale.de>
Omniscale - Dominik Helle, Oliver Tonnhofer GbR
Nadorster Str. 60, 26123 Oldenburg
Tel: +49(0)441/9392774-2 (Fax: 9)