[MapProxy] Install problem

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Sun May 2 09:20:10 EDT 2010

On 02.05.2010, at 15:07, DeDuikertjes wrote:
> Indeed that was the problem.
> Cause of yum I can't replace python2.4 by 2.6.
> I've added 2.6 from a repo as python26; but  I can't get easy_install and pip installed in it.

But you've got a `python26` binary that you can call?
Then you should be able to follow the instructions from http://mapproxy.org/docs/latest/install.html

You just have to replace `python` with `python26`.

python virtualenv.py --distribute ~/venv/mapproxy
change to:
python26 virtualenv.py --distribute ~/venv/mapproxy

After you have activated the virtualenv, `python` should point to Python 2.6 without affecting your system installation.

Oliver Tonnhofer <olt at omniscale.de>
Omniscale - Dominik Helle, Oliver Tonnhofer GbR
Nadorster Str. 60, 26123 Oldenburg
Tel: +49(0)441/9392774-2 (Fax: 9)