[MapProxy] Deployment in CGI

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Tue May 25 09:20:25 EDT 2010

Hi,

On 25.05.2010, at 14:15, Adam Estrada wrote:
> I am trying to deploy MapProxy within a CGI environment and would really like some pointers on how to do that.

I don't know and I would really _not_ recommend using CGI. Where do you want to install MapProxy that CGI is the only option?

> I would also rather not use setuptools to install the software, too. Is there a way around that?

Then you need to modify the setup.py. It uses setuptools' find_packages. Then you should be able to install MapProxy with:

python setup.py install

> Any help on any of these, especially the CGI deployment instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Really, CGI is a bad idea unless you want to use Google AppEngine. And then you will fail on missing dependencies like pyproj and PIL. :)

Oliver Tonnhofer <olt at omniscale.de>
Omniscale - Dominik Helle, Oliver Tonnhofer GbR
Nadorster Str. 60, 26123 Oldenburg
Tel: +49(0)441/9392774-2 (Fax: 9)