[MapProxy] Two GetFeatureInfo issues

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Mon Oct 4 07:02:53 EDT 2010

Hi,

On 04.10.2010, at 12:37, Anne Blankert wrote:
>> We are still not sure how to handle these clients in general: Sniffing the user-agent would be a solution, or just ignoring the missing parameters.
> There can be many user-agents, many of which may be custom user-agents,
> unknown to MapProxy. Wouldn't it be a good idea that MapProxy only
> requires those parameters that are needed for proxying and let the
> remote server decide on the other parameters? If the remote server does
> not like the request, the resulting exception can be proxied to the
> MapProxy client. What would be the benefit of a proxy that is more
> strict than the proxied service?

Yes, that might be a good solution. I have to think about it.

>>> If I am correct these parameters are not normally required for WMS GetFeatureInfo requests?
>> The format, not so much, but the style can affect the request (e.g. x,y might hit a thick line, but not a thin line). Regardless of that, they are required by the spec.
>>
> What spec are you referring to? The spec at
> http://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=1081&version=1&format=pdf,
> section 7.3.2, table 9, does not mention these parameters.

Right there, <map_request_copy>:
"Two are omitted because GetFeatureInfo provides its own values: VERSION and REQUEST. The remainder of the GetMap request shall be embedded contiguously in the GetFeatureInfo request."

> I've tried this option in several ways 'non_strict: True' and
> 'wms.non_strict: True' in file proxy.yaml under 'param', and 'wms_opts'
> but MapProxy keeps on telling me I should provide the remaining
> parameters.

Sorry, with wms.non_strict I meant non_strict parameter in the wms section.
In proxy.yaml:

  wms:
    non_strict: True

> Some things to note:
> 1. The MapProxy-to-WMS-server-request does not use the wmtver parameter
> (although MapProxy requires the client to provide it)
> 2. The bbox,width,height,x and y parameters were not transformed in the
> MapProxy-to-WMS-server-request. I verified that the current MapProxy
> configuration does transform GetMap requests. Is there a seperate
> 'supported_srs' parameter for GetFeatureInfo requests?

1. WMTVER is 1.0.0 only, it sends the correct VERSION parameter.
2. Thats odd, it should transform the request. I can look into that, but I'm a bit busy this week (Intergeo).

Oliver Tonnhofer <olt at omniscale.de>
Omniscale - Dominik Helle, Oliver Tonnhofer GbR
Nadorster Str. 60, 26123 Oldenburg
Tel: +49(0)441/9392774-2 (Fax: 9)