[MapProxy] Two GetFeatureInfo issues

Anne Blankert anne.blankert at geodan.nl
Fri Oct 8 12:30:59 EDT 2010

 Hello Oliver,

Unfortunately, I am still not seeing transformations in the
GetFeatureInformation request. Probably I am doing something wrong:

I downloaded
http://mapproxy.org/static/rel/MapProxy-0.8.6.dev-20101008.tar.gz ,
renamed ~/mapproxy/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mapproxy to mapproxy_old,
extracted the tar.gz to some directory and recursively copied the
contents of the newly extracted mapproxy directory to
~/mapproxy/lib/python2.6/site-packages/mapproxy

I rebooted the machine, restarted the virtual environment en restarted
MapProxy. The system creates .pyc files for each of the newly installed
py files which makes me feel confident that MapProxy is really using the
new py files.

I am still seeing that the SRS in client-to-MapProxy-GetFeatureInfo
requests is not transformed to another SRS in the MapProxy-to-WMS
request although the list of WMS supported_srs does not contain the
client SRS.

Maybe I skipped something important in doing the update or the
downloaded gz file did not yet contain all the updates?

Although I am very much a python newbie, I checked client.py, function
'_transform_fi_request'  and I am seeing lines:
if self.request_template.params.srs:
    dst_srs = SRS(self.request_template.params.srs)
else:
    dst_srs = self.supported_srs[0]

In my case 'dst_srs' always remains the same as the request srs although
the supported_srs does not contain the request srs.
If I try to force dst_srs to the client value:

dst_srs = self.supported_srs[0]

I am getting an error message that says 'supported_srs' is not an array
('does not support indexing')

So if I try

dst_srs = self.supported_srs

The transformation seems to begin to work but ends in an error message
in srs.py

But maybe I am hacking the wrong file, wrong function, wrong configuration?

Regards,

Anne