[MapProxy] problem with WMS srs and bbox parameters in 0.9.0

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Fri Oct 22 09:45:57 EDT 2010

On 22.10.2010, at 14:53, Sebastian Schwarz wrote:

> At 10/22/2010, 2:32 PM, Oliver Tonnhofer wrote:
>> But besides the large BBOX in the demo client, does the WMS work?

Wait, I just see that the demo client does not use any bounding box from the layer. So it is the right behavior that it requests the whole world. I can the add the correct bbox.

> Nope, I tried to integrate it in Mapbender and to open it with OpenJUMP as well as with QGIS and none of these operations succeeded - it always led to the same problem with the BBOX parameter.

Sorry, but I'm not getting your problem. The bbox in the demo OpenLayers is too large, ok, but the WMS should still work and you should see something if you zoom in far enough.

> Initially I was convinced that the definition of custom grids would be necessary for TMS services only and now I tried it and everything worked - with TMS but not with WMS.

The grids define the layout of the internal cache and with TMS you can access that cache directly.

> Would you say that I should put the parameter "grids: [geoport_2398, geoport_4326]" also in the "sources" section where I define my WMS source named "test_wms"?

There is no grid option for wms sources.

Oliver Tonnhofer <olt at omniscale.de>
Omniscale - Dominik Helle, Oliver Tonnhofer GbR
Nadorster Str. 60, 26123 Oldenburg
Tel: +49(0)441/9392774-2 (Fax: 9)