[MapProxy] Issue with WMS Imagery Recoloring

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Fri Apr 15 03:56:10 EDT 2011

Hi Tom,

On 14.04.2011, at 23:34, Tom Batkiewicz wrote:
> http://wms.jpl.nasa.gov/wms.cgi?request=GetMap&layers=us_ned&srs=EPSG:4326&width=300&height=300&format=image/png&styles=feet_short_int&bbox=-125.000000,7.333333,-82.333333,50.000000
> > http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/4759/wmsp.png   (I uploaded this image from my cache)
> [...]
> No luck - this doesn't seem to have any effect on the issue.
> Also, based on your comment from IRC I tried requesting tiff and jpeg; but this also had no effect.

I just opened the image manually in PIL and it is not a colored image but it contains integer values from (0-65k). MapProxy does only support RGB/RGBA and palleted images at the moment and so it is basically an issue how MapProxy/PIL converts these values to RGB.

So it requires changes to MapProxy, either for the color conversion or for integer mode support.

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://bitbucket.org/olt | @oltonn