[MapProxy] caching multi-resolution layers

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Tue Aug 30 11:54:05 EDT 2011

On 30.08.2011, at 15:42, Mark Volz wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a multi resolution Mr Sid Raster that I would like to cache.  Most of the area in the photo has a 1 foot resolution, except for some small areas that have a half foot resolution.  I would like to conserve disk space on the cache by setting the best resolution at 1 foot for most of the area on the mr sid, and a half foot for the areas with a greater resolution.  Is that possible?

You could use two sources. One for the complete area with a max_res of 1 foot and a second source with a coverage of your high resolution images.

Look for coverages and max_res in the documentation. You can use the debug source find the right max_res resolution.

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://bitbucket.org/olt | @oltonn