[MapProxy] Broken pipe errors in test server and via Nginx

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Wed Dec 28 07:04:33 EST 2011

On 26.12.2011, at 00:44, Larry Shaffer wrote:
> While testing the base demo map install with the test server I get the
> following error trace:
>
> [info] 127.0.0.1 - - [25/Dec/2011 15:44:45] "GET /tms/1.0.0/osm_EPSG4326/6/82/
> 36.png HTTP/1.1" 200 -
> Exception in thread Thread-134:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
[…]
> error: [Errno 32] Broken pipe
>
> I get these whenever the requests to uncached OSM tiles are sent.
> However, MapProxy appears to work fine.

It is not an error in MapProxy. These errors occur when a client requests a tile but closes the connection before it received the complete data. This happens in OpenLayers for example, when you zoom in too quickly.

Nginx will log this request with status code 499 in this case (at least with gunicorn). I think uwsgi should catch and ignore this error as well, so your log won't get filled.

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://bitbucket.org/olt | @oltonn