[MapProxy] Adding complete WMS-servers instead of single layers

Max Stephan max.stephan at gmx.net
Tue Feb 22 10:43:46 EST 2011

Hi everyone,

we are actually testing mapproxy and think it´s a great product. We´ve added some layers from the WMS-Servers we want to reproject or cache but one question arises when doing that : Is it possible somehow to add complete WMS-Servers to the configuration instead of only  single layers? The reason why I´m asking is that we want to add a WMS-Server with several hundreds of layers which would mean a big effort (especially having in mind that the layers could be changing from time to time on the server and new layers will be added). So, it would be great if mapproxy could fetch the list of servers automatically and offer them as single layers through the proxy. I could imagine, that it´s possible to write a script which loads the list of layers from the server and creates the configuration out of it but an integrated way would be much easier I guess.

Thanks in advance
Best regards
Max Stephan