[MapProxy] New MapProxy 1.0.0 beta 2 release

Andreas Trawoeger atrawog at datenscheibe.org
Wed Feb 23 10:16:50 EST 2011

2011/2/23 Oliver Tonnhofer <olt at omniscale.de>

> On 23.02.2011, at 15:02, Andreas Trawoeger wrote:
> > I'm currently testing MapProxy 1.0.0b2 and couldn't find any bugs so far
> :-))
>
> Good to hear that. :)

It worked so flawless that I actually had to check twice if I'm really
running the latest  beta version :-)

> > Only trouble I had was configuring image opacity (the documentation about
> "image.opacity" is a bit misleading) and it took me some trial and error to
> get the parameters right:
>
> What was misleading?

The option "image.opacity" in the WMS service description documentation
makes you think that your supposed to configure opacity like this:

sources:
  mapnik_nl2009pctavg_opa_wms:
    type: wms
    image.opacity: 0.9
    req:
      url: http://localhost:8000/?
      layers: nightlight2009pctavg

It gets clearer once you take a deeper look at the transparent_color
example, but at first I didn't recognize that image is a new subsection with
opacity as an option.

cu andreas