[MapProxy] Re: MapProxy and Gunicorn

Oliver Tonnhofer tonnhofer at omniscale.de
Thu Feb 24 09:05:05 EST 2011

On 24.02.2011, at 13:28, Andreas Trawoeger wrote:
> That hasn't been much of an issue to me. If a tile is missing in the MapProxy cache chances are extremely high that the other requested tiles have to be fetched from source server too and prefetching tiles via cache/meta_size normally works very well.

If you are using the service alone. If you have four gunicorn workers and request four missing tiles in parallel, then you have one worker that fetches the tile and three waiting workers. During that time, all workers are blocked. A second user will have to wait in this case even if he requests only a single tile.

> Where I did actually run into trouble was the street view mode in Google Earth. The street view mode sends a lot of requests at very high zoom levels for positions that appear to be almost random and uses a hard coded 15 second network timeout for tile requests.

KML? Yes, Google Earth is quite aggressive in terms of requests. Do you use a recent version (1.0.b2)? I did some tweaks to reduce the number of requests a bit.

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://bitbucket.org/olt