[MapProxy] MapProxy Gallery

Andreas Trawoeger atrawog at datenscheibe.org
Fri Jan 28 06:54:03 EST 2011

2011/1/28 Dominik Helle <helle at omniscale.de>

> wow this is a cool example.
> I used Firefox 4 beta - its amazing.
>
> Thank you for sharing.

The realy amazing thing about the demo is that it only took my about 2 hours
to set it up.

All I had to do was to combine the magic of Klokan Petr WebGL Earth [0] with
the 8 GB of pre-seeded EPSG:900913 Blue Marble tiles that happens to be on
my web server through the magic of Mapnik and MapProxy :-))

With styles and background image the demo is a bit more sophisticated, but
the basic MapProxy HelloWord example using WebGL Earth looks like this:

<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<head>
<script src="http://www.webglearth.com/api.js"></script>
<script>
function initialize() {
 var bmng = new WebGLEarth('earth', { zoom: 4, center: [48.14,16.28]});
 bmng.initMap(WebGLEarth.Maps.CUSTOM, ['TMS','
http://tms.datenscheibe.org/bluemarble/tiles/DS_BMNG_09/EPSG900913/{z}/{x}/{y}.png
',1,10,256,true]);
 bmng.setMap(WebGLEarth.Maps.CUSTOM, 'TMS');
}
</script>
</head>

cu andreas