[MapProxy] MapProxy Setup with TMS service and Mapnik source

Greg Corradini gregcorradini at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 20:57:52 EDT 2011

Hello,
I'm using mapnik2 (trunk) to render osm data. I'm having trouble
setting up mapproxy with mapnik. Here's a few questions i have:

1. Does mapproxy support mapnik2?  I haven't seen any notes about it
in the documentation (though I could've missed them)

2. I've stripped down the default mapproxy.yaml and tried to setup a
tms service with mapnik source. I'm looking for examples of how to do
this if anyone has some. Here's what my mapproxy.yaml looks like:

services:
  tms:

layers:
  - name: osm
    title: OSM_TMS_AMRE
    sources: [osm_cache]

caches:
  osm_cache:
    grids: [GLOBAL_MERCATOR, global_geodetic_sqrt2]
    sources: [osm_tms,debug_source]

sources:
  osm_tms:
    type: mapnik
    mapfile: /data/osm_rendering/repos/svn/osm-mapnik2/osm2.xml
  debug_source:
    type: debug

grids:
  global_geodetic_sqrt2:
    base: GLOBAL_GEODETIC
    res_factor: 'sqrt2'

globals:
  # cache options
  cache:
    # where to store the cached images
    base_dir: '/data/osm_rendering/mproxy_cache/'
    # where to store lockfiles
    lock_dir: '/data/osm_rendering/mproxy_cache/locks'

  # image/transformation options
  image:
      resampling_method: nearest
      # resampling_method: bilinear
      # resampling_method: bicubic

3) The largest problem I've run into is how to configure modwsgi so it
can make requests against a virtualenv where mapproxy is installed. I
keep on getting import errors in the conf.py file for mapproxy. I
didn't see any examples in the documentation. I found this link on the
modwsgi site that helped explain what I should try to do:

http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/VirtualEnvironments

Is this the recommended way to have modwsgi work with a virutalenv for
mapproxy? Any other ways?

Thanks
--
Greg