[MapProxy] How to not store tiles once an initial seed is done

Fabrellas Bertran, Isabel isabel.fabrellas at icc.cat
Thu Jun 30 07:10:32 EDT 2011

With disable_storage set to true, MapProxy will not store any tiles and will re-request all required tiles for each incoming request, even if there are matching tiles in the cache, so it will not use pre-seeded tiles.

With seed-only set to true, as I understand, MapProxy always returns a blank/transparent image and I would need MapProxy to request the source when there is not a matching tile in the cache and also to not store the tile.

What I would need is:
- As a first step, create tiles restricted to areas defined with coverages (OK: mapproxy-seed + coverages)
- At accessing the mapproxy service: if it finds matching tiles in the cache, serves these tiles. If not, requests the source and doesn't store the tiles.

As I understand, the option disable_storage set to true doesn't suit well because it will not use pre-seeded tiles.

Isabel.