[MapProxy] New MapProxy 1.0.0 release

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Thu Mar 3 05:22:05 EST 2011

Hi everyone,

We are finally ready to announce the release of MapProxy 1.0.0. It
contains lots of major and minor improvements.

The latest release is available at: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/MapProxy

To update within you virtualenv:

    $ pip install -U --no-deps MapProxy

Updated documentation is available at: http://mapproxy.org/docs/1.0.0/

Upgrade notes:
A bug, introduced in a previous release, prevented that the tile locks get
removed. This issue is solved since 1.0.0b2 and MapProxy will remove existing
lock files on the first access to the cache. This might take a while if the
directory already contains a lot of lock files (probably thousands and more).

We suggest that you remove the complete lock directories by hand before
upgrading:

    rm -r cache_dir/*/tile_locks

Some noteworthy improvements are:

mapproxy-seed
-------------

mapproxy-seed got a new, flexible configuration format (the old format is
still supported). You can now define multiple seed and cleanup tasks and call
each separately from the command line interface (--seed and --cleanup
options).

It is now possible to reseed specific areas without triggering any cleanup.

There are also two new --summary and --interactive options that help
to understand what the seed tool will do.

See: http://mapproxy.org/docs/1.0.0/seed.html

FeatureInfo XSL transformations
-------------------------------

MapProxy now supports content aware merging of multiple HTML/XML
feature responses and it supports XSL transformations.
See:  http://mapproxy.org/docs/1.0.0/configuration_examples.html#featureinformation

Image manipulation
------------------

You can now make non-transparent layers transparent.
Either with an opacity value, with blends the layer over the others,
or with a color value that should be converted to transparent.
See: http://mapproxy.org/docs/1.0.0/sources.html#image-transparent-color

Authentication
--------------

There is a new powerful authentication interface.
See: http://mapproxy.org/docs/1.0.0/auth.html

Changelog
---------

For a more complete list see: http://bitbucket.org/olt/mapproxy/src/1.0.0/CHANGES.txt

Final note

We also like to use this announcement to say thank you to the ever growing
community. To everyone that helped funding the many new features and to
everyone that offered help, gave feedback or talked/blogged/tweeted about
MapProxy.

Thank you!

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://bitbucket.org/olt