[MapProxy] Error with 'pip install MapProxy' on CentOS5

Christian Willmes c.willmes at uni-koeln.de
Thu Mar 10 07:29:20 EST 2011

Hello MapProxy community,

I just tryed to install MapProxy on a CantOS 5 (amd64).

On pip install mapProxy I get the following:
<----
(mapproxy)[christian at centos5vm ~]$ pip install MapProxy
Downloading/unpacking MapProxy
  Downloading MapProxy-1.0.0.tar.gz (856Kb): 856Kb downloaded
  Running setup.py egg_info for package MapProxy
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<string>", line 14, in ?
      File "/home/christian/venv/mapproxy/build/MapProxy/setup.py", line 27
        finally:
              ^
    SyntaxError: invalid syntax
    Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:
    Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "<string>", line 14, in ?

  File "/home/christian/venv/mapproxy/build/MapProxy/setup.py", line 27

    finally:

          ^

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Command python setup.py egg_info failed with error code 1
Storing complete log in /home/christian/.pip/pip.log
---->

(I attached the "cat pip.log" output).

For the record, this are my steps I did until now:

(as root)
1.
rpm -Uvh
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/x86_64/epel-release-5-4.noarch.rpm

2.
yum install libffi

3.
rpm -Uvh http://yum.chrislea.com/centos/5/i386/chl-release-5-3.noarch.rpm

4.
rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CHL

5.
yum install make gcc gcc-c++ python26 python26-devel zlib-devel freetype
freetype-devel libjpeg-devel

(as normal user in the directory chosen for mapproxy install)
6.
wget http://bitbucket.org/ianb/virtualenv/raw/1.5.1/virtualenv.py

7.
python virtualenv.py --distribute ~/venv/mapproxy

8.
source ~/venv/mapproxy/bin/activate

9.
pip install MapProxy

Is that just an error in the setup.py, or is this related to CentOS
(amd64) (asking because nobody else seems to have this issue yet)?

Thanks and best regards,
Christian

--
Christian Willmes
AG GIS & Fernerkundung      | GIS & RS Group