SV: [MapProxy] (no subject)

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Tue Mar 15 04:23:10 EDT 2011

On 14.03.2011, at 22:42, Johan Sandberg wrote:
> I will actually test three cases. One directly to the wms, one to preseed and one dynamical(populating the cache).
>
> the preseed gives nice answers offcourse, the dynamical doesnt.

Of course, requests that will fill the cache are slower than cached requests and even slower than requests to the source WMS. The reason is that MapProxy will request multiple larger requests (meta tiles) for one request in an unseeded area. If you can't seed until a resolution where your WMS source is fast enough to answer these meta requests in a reasonable time, then you could try the minimize_meta_requests option: http://mapproxy.org/docs/nightly/configuration.html#minimize-meta-requests

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://bitbucket.org/olt