[MapProxy] white lines in reprojected image

Sandor Csaba sandor.csaba at viamap.hu
Fri Mar 25 07:00:37 EDT 2011

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for the clarification.

>> PROCESSING "RESAMPLE=AVERAGE"
>>
>> This has solved it.
>
> Good. It was my bet that the problems come from your WMS server, rather than MapProxy. There was a bug in MapProxy were transformed WMS sources with meta_buffer: 0 got a white boundary (fixed <1.0.0), but here you had artifacts not only at the tile boundaries, but in the tiles itself.
>
> In these cases it is best to check the data that the WMS sends to MapProxy. MapProxy logs the WMS URL if you use the develop.ini.

This is not completely right. I actually checked the underlying wms in
the original coord-sys and it had no white lines at all. The strange
was that when I requested the data from mapproxy in the original epsg
it already had the white artifacts. After seeing this I went back and
reprojected in mapserv.

I will check if this appears with every resampling method.

Best regards,
Csaba

>> It has something to do with resampling, but I couldn't play with it
>> too much in mapproxy itself. It seemed to me that this config section:
>>
>> orto2000_cache:
>>    image:
>>      resampling_method: bicubic
>>      paletted: false
>>
>> Is not really taken into account when rendering. I tried to set for
>> example paletted to true and it still produced RGB in mapproxy
>> 1.0.0...
>
> image.paletted is only available as a globals option.
>

> Regards,
> Oliver
>
> --
> Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
> http://mapproxy.org | https://bitbucket.org/olt

Sándor Csaba
szolgáltatási vezető
ViaMap Kft.
Székhely/postacím: 1132 Budapest, Váci út 60-62.

Iroda:
1076 Budapest, Garay u. 29-31. I. 1.
(EMLA Környezeti Management és Jog Egyesület)

Tel: +3630/9605853
Fax: +3617002542