[MapProxy] Twice the response time as before

Andreas Trawoeger atrawog at datenscheibe.org
Thu May 5 16:35:33 EDT 2011

2011/5/5 Johan Sandberg <johs at kth.se>

> With the same request, same hardware and same configuration, yes!
> The bandwitdh is the same and the also the setup.
> I understand that is hard for you to answer, Im just pretty clueless about
> the results.
> The WMS are acting as it did before so this is not a bottleneck.

The first thing that pops into my mind when I hear strange performance
problem is duplex mismatch error [0].

Take a look at your network interface speed and duplex setting using either
the ethtool or mii-tool command and do the same on your network switch if
its manageable.
Nowadays even cheap switches support full-duplex mode and if your interfaces
are running in half-duplex mode you have found a possible culprit.

cu andreas

[0] https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Duplex_mismatch