[MapProxy] Possible issue cleanup task - mbtiles

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Wed Nov 16 11:30:53 EST 2011

On 16.11.2011, at 12:18, Fernando Ribeiro wrote:
> While configuring my seed scripts I came across with a possible issue on the cleanup tool with mbtiles. MapProxy raises a non implemented error, at TilecacheBase, load_tile_metadata (base.py). Looking a bit thru the code, seems a filesystem implementation...
> Is cleanup task not available to mbtiles format or is it another issue?
> I cannot overwrite existing tiles for a given area, as mapproxy seed tool just goes thru the mbtiles files without regenerating any tiles.

The MBTiles format is a bit limited and does not include any timestamps. So, updating/removing tiles with refresh/remove_before is not possible. Of course, it should not fail with an exception.

I'll see how the seed tool can be improved so that it is possible to reseed or remove areas, without making it too easy to drop the whole cache by accident.

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://bitbucket.org/olt | @oltonn