[MapProxy] Requesting WMS with basic authentication

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at osgeo.org
Fri Dec 7 00:39:57 PST 2012

On 5 December 2012 16:10, Oliver Tonnhofer <olt at omniscale.de> wrote:

> On 05.12.2012, at 14:46, Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas wrote:
>> On a (new!) MapProxy 1.5 I'm trying to cache a secured WMS. I can see
>> the WMS using for example QGis after entering user/passwd. On MapProxy
>> I'm using the next config:
>>
>> sources:
>>   sec_wms:
>>     type: wms
>>     req:
>>       url: http://user:pass@myserver/geoserver/wms?
>>       layers: secured_layer
>>
>> But on the source-requests.log I see requests without the login
>> information so the server is answering with an error because the layer
>> is not found.
>>
>> Maybe I'm missing something?
>
> MapProxy doesn't log the username/password. What errors do you get? Maybe issued with an HTTP proxy?

I don't have now access to the them, but errors logged at the standard
MapProxy log were that the layer was not found on the server. That is,
it seems credentials were not passed so GeoServer, as it is responding
as if the layer were not found.

I administer also the GeoServer (in fact they are both on the same
server) so I'll check the access logs of Apache/GeoServer to see if
credentials are passed but I'm almost sure they weren't passed.

I'm new on securing OGC services so for sure I'm missing something,
but well, at least from QGis and browser, authentication is working as
expected.

I'll check and come back as I get more details.

Thanks

--
Jorge Sanz
http://es.osgeo.org