[MapProxy] inverting a map

A.Pirard.Papou A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 12:51:40 PST 2012

On 2012-12-19 17:11, Oliver Tonnhofer wrote :
> On 18.12.2012, at 15:42, A.Pirard.Papou wrote:
>
> A WMS source ? Can you set the bgcolor of that service?
>
> You could also use the transparent_color option of MapProxy to make the black background transparent, and then use bgcolor on the MapProxy WMS to make it white: http://mapproxy.org/docs/nightly/sources.html#image
> But the results are not that pretty if the source image is anti-aliased.
Thanks, Oliver.  Yes, WMS.
I finally set the transparent option of WMS requests of both Mapproxy
and JOSM, together with a #202020 JOSM background. Choosing this shade
of gray is a puzzle to avoid clashing with any color of JOSM and of any
transparent server.
Inverting the server's colors would solve the visibility problem but
would distort the server's natural colors (yellow rivers and red
forests).  In fact, it's not a matter of color but of intensity: only
the least intense tones must change in intensity.

Cheers,

André.