[MapProxy] Nginx, TMS and missing tiles

Luca Casagrande luca.casagrande at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 12:20:11 EST 2012

On 03/02/2012 13:45, Oliver Tonnhofer wrote:
> On 03.02.2012, at 13:32, Luca Casagrande wrote:
>> Thanks for your suggestion, I'll take a look to Varnish.
>> If the same machine should do also a standard WMS service, it's still good to use this approach? I though about Nginx for TMS and Apache for WMS, but I am not sure about this solution.
>
> That should be fine. WMS responses don't contain Cache-Controll header, so Varnish shouldn't try to cache WMS responses.
>
> Regards,
> Oliver

Hello everybody,
I'm moving on with my "experiments" :)
Now I'm using MapProxy with Gunicorn and Nginx as a proxy and all is
working fine, but now I'd like to have Nginx to serve tiles already there.
This is an approach to this task:

location ~/tms/1\.0\.0/(.*)_(.*)/(.*)$ {
               alias /home/luca/mymapproxy/cache_data/$1_cache_$2/$3;
               add_header X-Static super;
               try_files $uri @proxy_to_app;
       }

Now the problem is to have the same structure; I tried using
directory_layout: tms but it seems that the output is the same of tc.
Probably I am missing something about this kind of task.

Thank you very much for your valuable help

Luca

--
Luca Casagrande
"I love it when a plan comes together."