[MapProxy] MultiApp and Multiple MapProxy Servers

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Mon Jul 23 01:23:49 PDT 2012

On 23.07.2012, at 09:23, Keith Moss wrote:
> We're noticing that when there is a new config file for a layer that hasn't been accessed yet one of the four servers will almost always respond with the error I've attached. There's no particular pattern to it that we've observed.
>
> Has anyone spotted an error like this before?

No, but thanks for the detailed error description.

It's a bug. When two threads find out that the app is stale then only one thread reloads the configuration. The bug prevented that the second thread used the new reloaded app.

It's fixed in master and 1.4.x:
https://github.com/mapproxy/mapproxy/commit/c904ebec8fccf9195adc8cc1dd70d6e7f15f879e?w=1

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://github.com/olt | @oltonn